With Valentine's Day approaching you're probably scratching your head to figure out what do do for that special someone in your life. Yes it's true most girls like chocolate and flowers, but why not take it a step further with one of these romantic date ideas. These date ideas are good all year 'round.
- Dinner for two in. Why not surprise him or her with a romantic candle lit dinner at home. you could cook up his favorite meal, have some Marvin Gaye playing quietly in the background. The delicious aroma of their favorite meal is bound to make their mouth water and their heart melt for you. Don't forget to cook up a little dessert and see where the evening takes you.
Take it a step further and make it reminiscent of a place you guys went together. My husband and I do this at least once a year. We had our honeymoon in Hawaii, so I'll try to find some Hawaiian themed dishes, desserts and even drinks to make. As we sit down to a romantic dinner it takes us back to our time in Hawaii. It's fun to look back and remember the memories we made.
- Take a cooking class together. I have heard nothing but great reviews about the Portland's Culinary Workshop. They always have couple's cooking classes on the calendar. My husband and I have been wanting to do this. We've even considered making it a group date with some of our closest friends.
- Go wine tasting and splurge on the cheese and crackers. Oregon has some of the best wineries, so why not make a day of it and go wine tasting. Our favorite winery is David Hill. The wines are great and the views are spectacular. You can pack a picnic lunch and sit out on the picnic tables with a couple glasses of wine. In February it will be cold, so dress in layers or bring a blanket to snuggle up in.
- Play board games. Bring out those board games you loved to play growing up, or ones that you enjoy as an adult. Lay out a nice spread of cheese, crackers, chips and dips, and candy too. Taking the time to shut off the T.V and just enjoy each other's company is the perfect foundation for some good conversation and great memories.
- Collect stamps for your McMenamins passport. If you don't already have a McMenamins passport I encourage you to get one. If you don't know what that is you can find out more about it here. You're guaranteed to have fun going on scavenger hunts, playing a game of shuffle board or just enjoying a beer or wine flight. Our favorite McMenamins is Edgefield. Check it out if you haven't been.
I would love to here what your favorite date nights are. Leave a comment below. I'm always looking for fun date ideas.